Monday, June 8, 2009

JUNE 2009 NEWS

Many things going on, it’s been a while since I last published my hottest news, but you know what this usually means…I’ve been busy with writing! Funny isn’t it? Too busy with writing to write! (smiles)
Anyway, here are the latest news:

I’ve just FINISHED « EARTH FRIENDS« an animation screenplay based upon the short story by Jodi Raven Hawk. She hired me in December 2008 to pen the script, and it has been a great pleasure to work on this positive and poetic story, which I would describe as an ecological wizard of oz.
« Earth friends«, is very far from the screenplays I’m used to write, principally thrillers, and I really had to inject a lot of fun to my writing style! Fortunately, Jodi helped me a lot with her suggestions, she had a very precise vision of what she wanted the script to feel like, and she has been some kind of « director » to me on this project.

Each week, I would send her the pages I had written, and she sent me the pages back with notes
« I like that », »delete this », « more positive », more upbeat » etc…
At the beginning I had a darker vision of the story, (my dark side again) but I quickly understood this would not serve the message she wanted to convey. And finally, we’ve been on the same page.
The finale version of the screenplay is very far from the very first sheets I had sent her, and the first rough draft! I can’t believe what we have achieved! What a fantastic venture it has been! Turning a 10 pages short story into a 110 pages screenplay! Now, I feel there is nothing I could not write! (smiles)

After « earth friends », I’m thinking of returning to my first love: « THRILLERS ». I have a vision of a screenplay which would be a mixture of « silence of the lambs » and « seven« , I have finished a step outline for this project this week-end and I’m very satisfied with it, of course, it’s just a 10 PAGES STEP OUTLINE, so the most difficult part is yet to come, but writing a step outline is very good way to know where I want to go, where my characters are going and what they’re doing. I have read somewhere that « A step outline is a road map, where to find the direction of my story. » and I think it’s true, I recommend every writer to write one!

In addition to writing, I’m currently promoting my latest screenplays, wrote 4 features between last year and the start of 2009, and I want to devote much time to find a home for the scripts, patience and perseverance will be the key there, and I hope they won’t fail to accompany me on this way.
I already received a very good review of my recent 1930 gangsters screenplay, I’m glad since I have high expectation for it, hope the future won’t deceive me!

Time will tell us…

Have a great June and a great summer!

Thanks for reading, thanks for all the support!
Jordan.