Friday, April 6, 2012

A Millie Moment

So many of you may know that I am a BIG fan of Millie Mackintosh and I was rather heartbroken when she and Hugo broke up. HOWEVER I am now celebrating as she has bounced back, with the rather unexpected choice of Professor Green. The publication of her romance with him has also coincided with the revitalisation of her after a month and a bit of really horrid choices. It was all going completely tits up before but luckily she is not back on track and that should be celebrated..... after her failings are pointed out. 

Alright so here we have Millie on November 2nd mixing up proportions with to the knee boots and a mini. Going to call this a disaster. I imagine it was probably better with the coat that undoubtedly went over it, which was likely black- making the fur stole a nice winter accent; however, sans coat it just all looks like a mess. The stole has to go and then heels just would have made it alright. Sadly though as is its just completely dowdy- the lack lustre and limp hair didn't help it. 


Now we have Millie on December 6th and it appears she's got momentarily confused for the night and thinks she's in 'The Only Way is Essex' (hair extensions, bouncy curls, ridiculous tan and spandex clothing). I wouldn't mind the look terribly but for the tango tan which makes her essentially the same colour orange as her dress; moreover, I'm going to say stroppy heels are always best avoided- regardless of how skinny your calves are- UNLESS you're wearing tights (and only because then the strap somewhat blends in, ergo its inherent hideousness is masked). Obviously I would be a bitch if I didn't point out that regardless of all these faults I would still kill to look like this. 


This I have to say is the worst. January 19th and I have no idea what she's wearing- bar for there is never an excuse for anyone, anywhere, at any time to wear this. However, I will blame it all on Cagie- albeit whilst admitting that just because Caggie dresses like a thirteen year old girl from Minnesota whose been unleashed in New York for the first and only time is no excuse for Millie to dress that way- or to be at all influenced my the pseudo tennis bopper. 


February 5th- finally everything starts to turn around. I won't deny it- this is drab, but importantly it is also not offensive. This marks the moment everything took a dramatic turn for the better. 


And finally here we have her three most recent public appearances- SUCH a change for the better. Perhaps I'm biased but I can really imagine her morphing into an Elizabeth Hurley public persona. Potentially doing some presenting or writing. I think she needs a bit of help though with the styling- just to give her an upmarket but contemporary and youthful look. She has a tendency to veer into the slightly cheap, which needs to stop- she also needs some better footwear. However, watch this space- I think this girl is going somewhere.