Friday, March 9, 2012

Kilmt + Fashian + Eniko

So I think my last post pretty much drove me over the edge. There is only so much celebrity posting one can do and when I start actually caring about Demi Moore's health I know I am perhaps too far gone. Hence why I have decided to take a brief intermission and return to the land of sanity. In particular I am listening to some sweet oldies tunes by 'The Turtles' (specifically, 'She'd Rather Be With Me'), trying to forget that I have been sitting at my desk doing NOTHING for the last five hours now (.... working in Nigeria is awesome!) and trying to regain some semblance of self respect. 

ErgoI have decided to share this editorial from 25 Magazine's 2010 Spring/ Summer edition with you. Shot by Derek Kettela and featuring Eniko the editorial is titled 'Ghosts of Gustav Klimt'.... just in case the inspiration was not obvious to you.

I adore Klimt's work and was particularly enthralled upon my recent discovery that he designed and produced clothing for his models and friends. The clothes featured in many of his paintings are therefore not a figment of his imagination but rather pictorial examples of his sartorial skill. More than just the fact that the man was so unexpectedly talented I just want to point out how amazing the prints are, especially for that time- amazing.