Thursday, March 24, 2011

Obsessions

Things I want for spring:

1. Mulberry womenswear. Womenswear JUST showed up for purchase on the U.S. site although just as my parents are leaving Florida, poor form Mulberry BUT these two items are definitely featuring on the top of my shopping list for my summer London shopping trip.





2. Hermes enamel bracelets in plum and pink. 




3. Ferragamo ballet flats in cracked gold metallic. I can't find them online yet but I saw them yesterday in the window of David's and I had a bit of a moment. Unfortunately I was on my way to Pusateri's to pick up bacon and eggs (the irony of which is not lost on me) so I was unable to get a picture of them in store and have since been unable to find them online BUT don't fear my loves I promise I will get it, by hook or by crook, and it will be posted in due course. My only sadness about these flats is that they make me which I'd gone for the Mulberry Lily in the mirrored metallic this season rather than in the chestnut leather, as let's face it the mirrored bag would love amazeballs with these shoes (which I know is all theoretical as you can see neither) BUT I keep reminding myself that eventually the matching chestnut dog mac will be in stock in a medium and then my pup and I will be matching (yes I know, it's a sickness); however, until then I fear that I will e plagued by twinges of regret.

4. Smythson pink card case. How fing adorable!!!!!! Might not be totally appropriate for life as a lawyer but why not?!

5. Carven wool skirt in mandarin. Perfect for summer's color blocking trend and on point for my love of pastels and sherbet colors (yes I am a spring- it's not just an obsession). It's just a pity the matching blaxer isn't more fitted (personally I think the tailoring is a bit of a mess). It could have been such an adorably Jackie O- eque outfit. 


6. Milly bathing suit. My big lesson last year was that although pastels suit me for clothing I have to stick to jewel tones and darker shades for swimwear, or else I risk looking washed out- or worse nude (true story). 



7. Mui mui wedge. Apparently (says the Prada store on Bloor) there will be a stand alone Mui Mui store coming to Toronto soon (although when is still a mystery so essentially the point is moot). I feel like these would be insanely adorable for summer and intensely leg lengthening (I'm thinking nude Louboutain platforms but better and more day appropriate). 
8. Smythson pink i pad case. Literally my obsession of the last few months. I wanted it for Christmas but it sold out in minutes on Net a Porter BUT now it's back!!!! And best of all Net a Porter is now carrying a larger range of Smythson products although I'm still waiting for the appearance of their travel wallets *hint hint nudge nudge*