Thursday, October 27, 2011

Today has improved.... royally

Kate Middleton (or sorry the Duchess of Cambridge- I just can't get used to that!) must have heard that I was sick because she FINALLY made an appearance. Last night Kate carried out her first official solo engagement as she stood in for Prince Charles at a charity event. Prince Charles was called away to Riyadh to present condolences to the Saudi Royal Family following the death of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. The big news was that commentators suggested that Kate was wearing a strip hair weft beneath her own hair, supposedly visible on the left hand side. I'm sure she does wear extensions (particularly for the Royal Wedding) but I'm not entirely sure that what we are seeing in these photos is a hair weft. 

I am not sure where the dress is from. I am semi- willing to bet Temperley but I'm not totally sold on it. I love the neckline and the color of the bead work but the actual color of the dress itself is not getting me excited. Neither is the cut of the skirt. Kate is so slim that an empire waistline seems rather unnecessary. I would have preferred no waistline and a lack of seaming on the skirt. She looks great though although I am not loving the arms and shoulders. She's looking a bit too much like a swimmer at the moment and her uber slimness is aging her. She looks more like she is in her mid 30s than in her mid 20s.