Saturday, July 2, 2011

Juicy Couture Ad Campaigns

So as a teenager I was OBSESSED with juicy. I'm not going to lie I had the tracksuits in a variety of colors (oh and yes I did wear them as an outfit and thought I looked SUPER cool doing it), my FAVORITE pair of jeans was juicy (actually tried them on yesterday and they fit- I can't tell you how awesome that was, not because I would ever wear them now but the pure satisfaction derived from fitting into my 15 year old self's jeans was immeasurable), the terry babydoll dress, I had the catch phrase shirts, a weekend bag (that I still sometimes use, it's just so handy!), the purses..... essentially I was a confirmed fan. Now that I am older I have to say I am less a fan of the clothes ALTHOUGH I think they are doing some really great stuff and I think the Bird line is awesome, although I have yet to purchase anything from it.

What now rocks my socks off about Juicy is the advertising campaigns (okay.... and the dog clothes- they are so fing adorable it's disgusting). I just think they are so feminine, and whimsical and just fabulously done and consistently so. And unlike a lot of ad campaigns it's not the models who take center stage, or even the setting but rather the feeling. They truly evoke the feminine, youthful aesthetic of what the brand is trying to sell and that both the 15 year old AND current Katie is a HUGE fan of.