Thursday, June 30, 2011

Doggy Street Style

Alright so for those of you who know me you will know that I am OBSESSED with my dog and by extension her wardrobe (a few pieces of which are featured in the included shots). Resultantly I have developed a fascination with doggy street style. As far be it from me to inflict a behind the times wardrobe on my favorite pooch! I therefore am warning those who are not fans of dog clothing to skip this post immediately an avert your eyes as you will likely find the upcoming images distressing if not revolting. For those of you (like me) who believe that dog fashion is just one of many ways to maintain a healthy and happy puppy (obviously a lower priority than copious exercise, a well balanced diet and oodles of love and attention... but a priority nonetheless) I hope that you will enjoy these images as much as I do and check out the blog where they came from. It's called 'Butters the Fashion Dog' and can be found here. I can't overstate enough though that although dogs can be fashionable they are NOT a fashion accessory and that should never be their purpose. Dogs should be athletes, companions and good citizens first and foremost- only after they have become a all rounded dog, a renaissance pup as it were, should an owner train them to become a fashionista. Otherwise it is not fair on the dog. 

I am hoping to make doggy street style a larger component of this blog in the fall (it's my personal belief that just like the old adage no white after labor day, a well heeled dog should NEVER be clothed until well after labor day- the exception being a bath robe.... for the sake of modesty of course).