Friday, June 24, 2011

Amanda Seyfriend's Street Style: The last 12 months in photos

So EVERYONE knows that Amanda has hair so glorious were she in ancient Rome wars would be fought and men would die over it.... as it is now it is only film studies and Dominic Cooper and Ryan Phillipe BUT that does not make her any less iconic. However in all the focus about her hair and her acting (can I just say how much I fing ADORED her in Chloe, absolutely made the film- absolutely iconic performance in my book) her style has been forgotten which is a travesty because I think she is a great dresser. She is definitely not flashy in her day to day activities (actually it's clear that unlike the rest of young Hollywood she actually behaves like a normal person during the day, walking her dog in lulu lemons and baggy cardis rather than Louboutins and leather pants...) and dresses like one as well. Her daytime wardrobe may consist only of flats (one of my favorite candid images of her has to be one taken this week of her popping into a casting in flats with her heels in hand, there are not many girls in Hollywood who would give up having their pins photographer in heels for the sake of comfort), army boots, jeans, track pants, leggings, cardigans, scarves and ts (with the rare exception) but there's something about how she puts it together that is SO un L.A. that I just find it totally endearing and refreshing. It's grunge but in a comfortably stylish way rather than an unkept dirty way. I also have to say I love to see someone rock pale (and clear) skin SO well. I also adore that she has a dog and actually seems to give him the kind of attention and affection that seems to be lacking in many 'pet loving' young starlets. I can think of many actresses who profess to adore their dogs but who I have yet to see EVER actually walking them or taking them out, bar for the purposes of a photo shoot. And one last thing when it comes to her adorable down to earth nature... what more proof do you need than that she dressed up as a dog for Halloween (again mad props for the puppy love) and still snagged Ryan Phillip (a certified hottie in my opinion, of the highest order). Other than her and Heidi Klum its hard to think of an actress who would so actively avoid such a perfect opportunity to dress up like a skank bag AND get photographed doing it.