Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So I feel like this song just goes perfectly with this editorial, check it out.
It's Bejamin Francis Leftwich's song 'Hole in My Hand'. Check it out. I am a HUGE fan of his.


And now for the editorial. It's from French Vogue (no surprise)'s November issue and the editorial is called "Un dimanche a la campagne" and it was shot by Mickael Jansson and styled by Anastasia Barbieri. The model is Sascha Pivovarova (one of my favorites) and the girl in the shoot is actually the stylist's daughter.

I've chosen this editorial as it is a great example of Roitfeld's work to the extent that it's difficult to date it. I believe that it's truly timeless. Despite the fact that I know that this editorial if from November 2010 I would just as easily believe that it was shot in the 60s or even the 70s. Undoubtedly this is also a result of the work of Ms. Barbieri who did such an amazing job of the styling. It looks simply effortless.

The two images that stand out for me here are the one where Sascha is wearing the knitted cardi and the one of her in the peacoat. I just adore the interaction between the models. There's just something magical in the moments that were created and captured.