Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daily dose of Duchess

Today Kate took on her first military role as a royal, handing out medals to members of the Irish guards who had recently returned from serving in Afghanistan. 

The Duke of Cambridge (aka. Prince Willy) is the Colonel of the Irish guards and Kate stated that she was very pleased to be undertaking a role for a regiment "so close to her husband's heart."

Kate wore a navy military style dress which has been reported to be Burberry Prorsum.... although I did not see it in the fall runway collection HOWEVER I would be exceedingly pleased if it was as this would represent the first time (in my memory) that Kate has worn something (I would be willing to wager at least in the last year) before it was available to the public. The dress was adorned with a gold shamrock which was on loan to her from the regiment, which has been worn by both the Queen Mother and Princess Anne. I am particularly in love with her hat which was just too fitting and adorable for words, as well as her clutch (got to hand it to the girl, although I might despise her taste in handbags- her taste in clutches is beyond reproach!).