Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sienna Miller: Street style and who she was wearing (March - June 2012)

So this post is dedicated to Sienna Miller's style over the last three months. This time has been different for Sienna. She's been back in London, single (well debateably so, since her breakup with Jude Law she has clearly moved on although no admittedly so.... with Robert Pattison's good friend- and feely member of the great unwashed- Tom Sturridge) and performing in Terence Rattigan's play "Flare Path".

Her style has definitely changed over the last few years and it's interesting to see where she is now.

What I like about her is that she stays true to items. She's a great barometer in regard to how to translate trends because she wears what's comfortable and what works. Unlike most celebrities she rarely wears piece only once so if a bag, pair of shoes or jacket was worn once only to disappear you can best it was for a good reason and not just for our benefit. Personally I find it refreshing to see a style icon who wears pieces publicly many times. It's interesting to see them in different contexts and surroundings.

 June 7th: here Sienna is pictured looking casual with an awesome Gucci purse and 
some amazing relaxed and comfortable denim.
 June 3rd: I love that Sienna will do a dress with low booties and and then on the other side of the coin do a simple combination of jeans and a tank top with heels. She always stays moderately dressy. Here's she's wearing Tabitha Simmons shoes and a Twenty8Twelve  vest.
 June 1st: a great example of her 'dressing down' a dress with booties. Also a great example of her commitment to a good bag. Arguably unlike men (I know burn) when Sienna finds a bag she likes she sticks with it regardless of the outfit or the occasion. Here she rocks a vintage dress, Rag and Bone booties and a gorg Mulberry purse.
 May 29th: Sienna wears a Twenty8Twelve dress, Rag and Bone booties and a Mulberry purse (you've got to admire her commitment to this AWESOME bag- I love the color.... and that may be because I have the smaller version BUT I think it's just objectively awesome).
 May 19th: Sienna AGAIN rocks my favorite Mulberry bag and a pair of Vivienne Westwood boots. Now she's been rocking around in these boots for AGES and I'm totally on the fence about them. I know for sure that I could never pull them off and I don't love how they look at her BUT do they make me feel like voming, no BUT if she asked me my opinion would I tell her to keep wearing them around.... no.
 May 17th: Here she is stepping out with my favorite Mulberry bag (again!), a shirt by 7 For All Mankind and a pair of Rag and Bone booties.
 May 1st: I love when she just goes SUPER casual.
 April 29th: shoes by Tabitha Simmons and the rest is a mystery but I love it!
April 26th: With another one of her favorite purse babies. The YSL comes out to play again.
April 25: rocking Twenty8Twelve jeans, the beloved YSL bag  and Rag and Bone
 booties Sienna loves pretty in pink.
 April 29th: Sienna steps out in a Twenty8Twelve dress and her favorite Rag and Bone booties.
 April 18th: tots thought that these shoes were Jimmy Choo but it turns out that I was mistaken. They are in fact by Tabitha Simmons, the dress is by Alaia and the purse (helpfully being carried for her) is another one of her dearly beloved tote babies and is by Louis Vuitton.
 April 16th: this girl does stay true to her accessories. The Tabitha Simmons heels come out again and she goes for a bit of a rockabilly look.
 April 10th: looking like a bit of a gap year tragedy but I'm still loving it.
 April 7th: I just ADORE the skirt and flat booties look, although you're legs have to be TINY to pull it off. Sadly it is not for me BUT Sienna rocks it to perfection. She does it by donning a All Saints dress, boots by Hudson, Sanfurd sunglasses and a Botkier bag. 
 April 6th: again with her LV in tow she steps out in her favorite fur bolero (as yet I have not been able to decipher from where it hails) as well as some super cool boots (also a mystery!) and dress (again... you guessed it, mystery).
 April 3rd: the LV comes out. Not going to lie red pants are difficult to pull off. Many have tried and failed (including myself) but she does it AND does it whilst wearing a nautical shirt without looking like a gay sailor, bravo Sienna!
 April 1st: I wouldn't bet my savings on it but I"m almost positive that this bag is Mulberry and the shoes are most definitely Prada.
 March 22nd: if I was SOOOO much cooler (or a man) I would rock the shit out of these shoes. I adore them, Mr. Louboutin hit yet another home run and he did it with flats- a difficult to make impressive shoe. These are the bomb and she rocks them uber casual like they should be. 
 March 20th: mystery, super cute!
 March 16th: Sienna rocks a Burberry jacket, Chloe shoes, a Prada purse and a Twenty8Twelve shirt. Honest to goodness I don't know why Twenty8Twelve does any brand advertising beyond Sienne. Undoubtedly she is their greatest asset.
 March 15th: I know Kate Moss would not love this but she really is taking on her mantle of casual chic.
 March 13: shorts by Twenty8Twelve, Rag and Bone booties (yes, she has them 
in multiple colors), and bag by LV.
 March 10th: wearing a dress by Twenty9Twelve and a jacket by Matthew Williamson.
 March 8th: wearing a jacket by Twenty8Twelve and rocking some fucking awesome earrings.
March 7th: sweater by Topshop and shoes by Pour La Victoire and generally
 reminding me a bit of Where's Waldo.

March 4th: bag by YSL and shoes by Versace.
March 1st: love the sparkle contrasted with the army coat. YSL bag and Twenty8Twelve jacket.... I'm sorry but the only thing that would make me happier would be in the jacket was Barbour.