Thursday, June 23, 2011

MUST . HAVE . IT . NOW

Banana Republic to launch a Mad Men Capsule Line

..... yea no honestly I'm not joking and it's AWESOME

So we all have another reason to look forward to August 11th  (beyond the fact that serendipitously that day is also the day I leave for Spain.... I know you're all SO excited for me!).... Janie Bryant (the award winning costume designer for the series) has created a 65 piece capsule collection for the retailer.

Why is this so awesome?!
- there will me a mens AND women's collection (so yes now you can legitimately dress your boyfriend up as Donald Draper..... you can imagine the sexual role play that is on my list for fall).
- the collection is unapologetically sixties in style but not in the way that will make you look like you're off to a costume party
- houndstooth and floral prints will be in abundance as will high waisted skirts
- there are also a wackload of accessories to play with
- the prices are in keeping with Banana Republic's price line generally (ie. $39.50 for a silk scarf - $450 for a men's suit).

Check out some samples below...