Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Miley Cyrus- worst dressed

Alright. I'm going out on a limb here but it has to be said. Miley Cyrus was by far the WORST dressed at the Oscar's this week period. Albeit she was only at the Vanity Fair after party HOWEVER she was the worst dressed there and everywhere.

I do give her fashion kudos for making an attempt to dress her age. However, after this outfit I'm given to wondering whether she knows what her age is...... a query which would make some of her other stylistic choices more easily to reconcile. Usually she dresses like she's 35..... at this event she dressed like she was 30-40. Even Glenn Close dressed younger than Miley- and that's something to think about.

I will say I loved the hair, makeup and earrings. Loving seeing her without the extensions and the faux bob was just adorable. The colour and style were just perfect and looked great on her. Loved the red lip, the stand out eyebrows (very Liverpool!) and the smokey eyes. 

However, the dress was just far too dowdy. The colour, the cut, THE SHOULDER PADS, the length- it was just a disaster it was something out of Dynasty- but less classy AND imagine my surprise when I discovered that the individual responsible for providing her with this monstrosity was the King of sensuality.... Cavalli himself. Just a total disaster. However, she has nowhere to go but up.... although I'm not sure if that's anything new.