Saturday, May 21, 2011

America's Next Top Model Cycle 16

So America's Next Top Model is over for this year. It remains to be seen whether the show will actually produce a top model this year, it detractors argue that it has yet to. Arguably the only name that I remember from the past cycles is Adrienne Curry, and that's more due to her association with the Brady Bunch and weed then it is due to her modeling success. I have to say I did not like the winner of Cycle 15. I would suggest that Tyra Banks mistakenly has taken her role as that of the proponent of the under dog. Those without sob stories, those who have not faced ridicule need not apply. It would seem that she has forgotten that a top model is not only unusual but a commercial success, whether or not she represents a social justice issue or a minority population is irrelevant.

Regardless of the success of top model I loved the photos of both of the finalists this year and decided, in celebration of the end of the series, to put together a collection of my favorite panel photos for you all.