Friday, May 27, 2011

Inappropriate Nurseries.

So this is fashion designer Laura Diego's nursery. Laura stated that she “tried to make it fit into the rest of the apartment while still staying girly,” says Laura of baby Georgiana’s room. “I painted it light gray, but I hung this hot-pink painting of Elizabeth Taylor by Russell Young. This room is my favorite." Your can see the rest of her apartment and the accompanying article, here


I do like the nursery BUT I thought that it was a little inappropriate. I don't know it Ms. Diego realized but the Elizabeth Taylor photo is from 'Butterfield 8' a movie for which Elizabeth Taylor won an Oscar for portraying a prostitute who dies fleeing from an ex John. I think it's a beautiful photo but I'm not sure it's a story that I would wish to be associated with a nursery.