Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cheryl Cole: An apology and explanation to the people of the United States

So I was reading the news today and a new photo of Cheryl Cole arriving for the U.S. X Factor Auditions popped up. 


And I felt seriously underwhelmed. The sad thing is that I ♥ ♥ ♥ Cheryl. I confess that I own ALL the Girls Aloud albums AND B- sides. Note: it speaks volumes as to how much I love Cheryl Cole that I am admitting this as I am a thirteen year old girl, nor am I a gay man covered in glitter.

I love her personality, I tolerate her music, I tolerate (and even sometimes enjoy) her fashion choices (notoriously and consistently off the mark), she's gorgeous, was a FABULOUS judge on the U.K. X Factor (mentoring three acts to triumph) and is one of the most beloved women in the U.K.

However not only is her fashion choice of the mark here but WHAT is going on with her body?! I feel like I should apologize to all of the people in the U.S. as I feel like they have been the victims of false advertising. They were told that they were getting a stunning geordie and instead they have got a bit of a tubby, frump of a geordie. It's likely that they will not be able to understand Cheryl; however, now they cannot even take solace in the fact that they can stare at her. Moreover, not only has she gained weight her fashion choices have hit an ALL TIME low. See below...



I mean Paula Abdul actually managed to outshine Cheryl. I would leave it at that did I not feel that I need to touch on the fact that apparently she's turned into a massive proponent of chipmunk cheeks of late.... let me just state... NOT a good look.

I feel what adds insult to injury is that if I were uninformed (on the world of Cheryl) I would assume that her promo images had been photoshopped to hell. I think that they may have been slightly but I would like to show you what she used to look like! I promise she was STUNNING.


I have to say although she looks 'better' in these photos, I HATE HATE HATE the hair extensions. She looks like littler mermaid.... but not as nice. Cheryl has never rocked hair this long and in my opinion.... it looks ridonculous.


And here is the Cheryl I knew and ed, as she used to look!






So I know that she's pretty skinny in these photos BUT if you know me then you know that I ♥ ♥ ♥ a girl with a bit of bone.