Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kate Middleton + Anne of Green Gables = ♥ & constitutes further proof of our similar natures.

Word on the street is that Kate Middleton has requested that she and Prince William visit Prince Edward Island during her time here in Canada. Anne of Green Gables was apparently a childhood favorite of hers and she looks forward to seeing the island where the charming tales were set. (As it was also a favorite of mine I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this constitutes yet another similarity between us).



I am so excited for the royals to visit Canada. Although I do have to say my excitement has been slightly dampened by the fact that they are going to California after. It seems slightly unnecessary to spend almost half the time they are spending in Canada there considering California has no political or historical ties to England, moreover the Royals spend quite enough time in the States already (considering it's not part of the Commonwealth and is unworthy of their love, being somewhat like the rebel child who moved away without even a thank you).

Anyways I apologize to those of you who live in the States! As my mother would say "don't compare yourself, they are entirely separate things" but I can't deny it. My love for Kate makes me jealous, it's true!