Monday, May 23, 2011

Sex and the City: Some of Carrie's favorite fashion moments

So I decided that today I would re hash some of Sarah Jessica Parker's greatest hits from her time as Carrie.  I started off with some styles from the movies HOWEVER I really wanted to find some of my favorite looks from the television seasons. 

What I found out was that the looks that I used to love..... I don't love so much anymore. The fashion in the first movie was characterized by florals contrasted with leather and stubs. The fashion of the second film was predominantly jewel tones and metallics interspersed with massive amounts of jewelry that were heavy in precious gems. However, when going through images from the television seasons I noted that the looks were characterized by feathers, tulle, plaid, exposed midriffs, big fake corsages..... they may have been hot in the 90s but with the exception of the final season they are are about two steps away from the brothel.