Saturday, May 21, 2011

Labor Pains... yes the the film... the straight to DVD release featuring Lindsay Lohan


Alright so I just watched Labor Pains and I enjoyed it. I don't think I laughed out loud once but I rocked a smile. I wouldn't be averse to seeing it again and I actually kind of enjoyed it. I thought Lindsay Lohan was pretty good in it. She was in fact incredibly convincing as a young girl who deludes herself into believing that she is pregnant. I would imagine that is due to real life experience, as in her daily life she tries her damndest to delude herself (and all those around her) that's she's sober. Pleasantly for the film, and unhappily for her penal record, she is much more convincing she deluding herself that she's pregnant. In fact the only pointer I have for the film would be to address the dearth of attractive male leads. Honestly there are actually some good actors in this film (Lindsay Lohan excluded) but there are just no good looking men. It's the one true travesty of the film and undoubtedly why it went straight to dvd (I obviously hyperbolize, but it likely didn't help it's cause).