Monday, May 23, 2011

An Ode to Elle, Elle Macpherson's street style: the school run edition

This post is the first of three Elle Macpherson street style posts because her style is literally THAT legendary. She rocks it HARD in the street. Making such hard to work pieces as leather pants, spiked heels, cowboy hats, big hair, huge belt buckles and fur gilets work for her ON THE SCHOOL RUN, no less. If I (a) was invited to a fetish party (b) knew the kind of people who even attended such parties to have the opportunity to be invited (c) was gifted a pair of rocking leather pants and informed that I could remove them immmmediately after arrival... even in this sexy alternate universe I assure you that I would STILL not have the balls to rock leather. True story. But Elle 'the body' (or 'the bod' as I like to call her') rocks it all nonchalant on the school run, the same way I would casually don a pair of skinnies- honestly it would be infuriating if it wasn't so damn stylish. Not to mention the fact that she is FOURTY EIGHT and yet the monicker 'the body' still remains as true as ever. 

No doubt her amazing body is down to more than just good genes. She notoriously takes great care of herself, all you have to do to see the evidence of that is to look at the photos. But more than that, the woman is a style icon. As anyone who reads this blog will know, I love me some street style (please excuse the terrible grammar I've been watching waaaay too much 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' today and I'm feeling a little bit of Southern flavor right now child!) and Elle's is THE best which is just all the more noteworthy because she's no spring chicken BUT perhaps that's why she does it sooo well BUT not only HOWEVER honestly I swear it's as if this is a personal style challenge for her, some great unknowing being CLEARLY informed her at a young age that she would be charged with maintaining a rocking bod, a thriving business empire, appearing on a hit syndicated show (two at one point!), earn major bonus points for being a devoted SINGLE mother, look flawless at 48.... in fact look more like 35 (max), work more leather pants than Steven Tyler at a reunion concert into her wardrobe in conjunction with more seriously stacked heels, rock 70s Farrah Fawcett hair and a tan that is rarely found north of the equator (due to its naturally luminous qualities) ALL whilst doing the school run and she embraced that mission statement with open arms because NOBODY does it as well as she does and I can't even devise of a single candidate who would come close to her mad skills. Now that's true style.

 
 I want these jeans! I ❤ ❤ ❤ the tassels they are SO rock and roll.
 I adore the mix of the leather leggings with the chunky knit. Only Elle could rock leather skinnies so casually, cause that's just how she rolls.
 Why are her flats always so cute?! Does anyone know who makes them? I almost want to guess Jimmy Choo but I am sooo unsure.
So rock and roll. I ❤ that I can totally imagine Erin Easson wearing this. It's the kind of outfit that is just so flattering, so bohemian that anyone (well anyone who's slim and stylish.... so I guess not anyone, anyone with in reason) could pull it off. I love the fur, just so damn funky!
 How much do I ❤ not only these shoes BUT the fact that she is rocking these beauties to her son's elementary school. Studded Louboutains but standard school run Elle wear.
 
 ❤ this outfit, ❤ the gray and ❤ the bolero.
 
 ❤ the Mulberry purse, the Farrah Fawcett hair BUT with the addition of the bouncy curls, the 70s flares, the big platforms & the gorg aviators.
 How much do I ❤ her scarves... let me count the ways.
 Why does she always have the most flattering slubby ts?!
 I ❤ these leather peddle pushers, why are they always SO cute! Moreover, how much do I adore the cardigan/ blazer?! It's like a blazer had a baby with a cardigan... a blazigan... and I want, no I neeeed one!
 Yet another gorgeous fur worn in conjunction with another beautiful scarf. Too cute for words.