Monday, May 23, 2011

My favorite Cannes 2012 stylings

Day One

 Brazilian television host and actress Gaia Bermani Amaral in Roberto Cavalli

Linda Cardellini in Alberta Ferretti
 Rachel McAdams in Marchesa
She hits it out of the park on the first day. Too beautiful for words.

Day Two

 Rachel McAdams
 Diane Kruger in Calvin Klein
♥ ♥ ♥ this dress, It's as if she was dipped in gold! 
Mia Wasikowska in Roland Mouret
Gaia Bermani Amaral
I have no idea who she is but I ♥ the hair, the suit, the accessories- impeccable.

Day Three

Cheryl Cole in Stephen Rolland Couture Spring Summer 2011

Day Four

 Astrid Berges- Frisbey in Chanel Couture Spring 2009
I have no idea who this girl is but she's so naturally beautiful in such a classic and timeless way and this dress is just so clean, flattering and youthful.
 Penelope Crus in Marchesa Fall 2011
I think that this gown is beautiful; however, I do not think that this is a beautiful gown for her.
 Clemence Poesy
♥ this dress. Honestly if it was white I feel like it would be a perfect wedding gown.
 Hofit Golan
This is not a red carpet dress, this is more of a wedding dress BUT it is a beautiful wedding dress.
Karolina Kurkova in Chanel Spring 2011

Day Five

Sonam Kapoor in Jean Paul Gaultier Couture
I don't love this dress but it's certainly interesting and unique (not just because it was one of the few Gaultier gowns worn on the red carpet) & that's why I thought it deserved a spot on this list.
Elisabeth Olsen in The Row Fall 2011
So gorgeous and simple. Loving The Row's fall season stuff, this reminds me of almost early Chanel with an added flapper influence. Youthful but not in a patronizing way.

Day Six

 Bianca Balti in Dolce & Gabanna
I love love love these photos. Particularly the one in the middle. It's so perfect, it needs to be an ad for wine or diamonds or anything worthwhile really!
 Fan Bing Bing in Oscar de la Renta Sping 2011
♥ ♥ this entire look from the style of the dress, to the color of the dress, to the color palette of the makeup and the hairstyle it is ALL perfection. At first sight I wasn't that enamored but I had to take a second look and I hope you all will to, because on second sight I realized that it was genius.
 Gwen Stefani in Stella McCartney with husband Gavin Rossdale.
♥ ♥ this outfit. It is my FAVORITE Stefani of the season. I ♥ to see her wearing Stella because pitifully few people have been rocking the McCartney in Cannes. I'm even happier though to see her not just mixing it up with a pant suit BUT rocking a jumpsuit at that. It looks amazing, the cut and color just suit her perfectly and then the hair. Of gosh what can I say about the hair! It's so nice to see curls on the red carpet, real curls not waves and she's doing it in a grown up- evening friendly way.
 Jessica Chastain in Zac Posen, custom made couture.
♥ the dress but I'm not so excited about the color, I have to say. It's different but I would have preferred the dress in a different hue such as a pastel blue or a purple- I feel like there could have been an improvement.
 Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace.
The hair NEEDS a makeover. It is beyond lackluster. I ♥ the dress but unfortunately the hair is bringing it down. 
 Zoe Saldana in Georgia Armani
Adore this dress. Zoe has been really hitting it of the park lately and this is no exception. I don't loooove the underskirt, that would be my one negative. It's a pity that it's there as otherwise it would have been a favorite.
 Li Bing in Ellie Saab Couture Spring 2011
The blunt line of the underskirt ruins the silhouette. The dress would have been preferable without it.
Anna Dello Russo in custom made Alberta Ferretti.

Day Seven

 French actress Aure Atika.
 Model Doutzen Kroes.
 Bar Rafaeli in Roberto Cavalli.
Not as excited about the dress as I am about the color.
 Naomi Campbell in Azzedine Alaia.
 Model Bianca Balti.
Super sexy, different and interesting. One of my top 10 from the festival.
 French businessman Jean- Claude Darmon with his fiancee Hoda Roche.
Simple timeless, elegant. Reminds me a bit of the red silk jersey floor length number that Issa brought us last season.
 Carine Roitfeld (ex editor) of French Vogue.
 Hofit Golan in Valentino.
Karolina Kurkova in Emilio Pucci Spring 2011.
So... apparently I love EVERYTHING Pucci this season, true story.
Georgina Chapman in Marchesa.



Day Eight

Charlotte Gainsbourgh and Kirsten Dunst (wearing Chloe) at the 'Melancholia photocall. 
 Model Julia Saner in Emilio Pucci at the 'La Conquete' premiere.
 Dutch model Doutzen Kroes at the 'La Conquete' premiere.
Model Eva Herzigova at the 'La Conquete' premiere.

Hello legs! Love this outfit. I imagine this is what super models wear on date nate.
Day Nine

 Elisabetta Canalis in Roberto Cavalli with designer Roberto Cavalli.
I get that she's sexy and that she looks good in everything BUT for me all of her red carpet outfis are just slightly off the mark, this one is no exception.
 Karolina Kurkova in Chanel Couture Fall 2008.
 Bar Rafaeli in Roberto Cavalli.
 Donatella Versace with daughter Allegra Versace.
 Kristen Dunst in Chanel Couture Spring 2011.
So ethereal, so beautiful and such a change from her yellow Chloe dress.
 Monaco's Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock (his fiancee) in Armani Prive.
Can she please, please, please stop wearing gray?! Enough is enough- it's called color. 
 Georgina Chapman in Marchesa.
I won't lie, I'm a bit disappointed that she went for which for the second outfit in a row. I do like that she added a bit of an edge with the black accessories but I would have preferred to have seen her in a light pastel.
 Gwen Stefani in custom made L.A.M.B.
 Princess Charlotte Casiraghi in Vintage Chanel Couture.
So beautiful, so poised. Kate Middleton should take notes. A Princess may show her knees + she can EVEN show her knees AND her shoulders at the same time; moreover, she can show a bit of edge- black nail polish anyone. 
It's surprisingly that more girls in the United States and Canada don't take notice of this immaculate role model. She is the perfect style icon for the the modern woman classic, classy but with an edge.
Uma Thurman in Chanel Couture Fall 2008.

 Day Ten


Ryan Gosling in Salvatore Ferragamo at the "Drive" photo call.
 Gwen Stefani in Armani Prive at the "This Must Be The Place" premiere
 Anja Rubik in Emilio Pucci at the 'This Must Be the Place' premiere and Peter Dundas (the designer for Emilio Pucci).
 Ryan Gosling at the "Drive" premiere"
 ♥ ♥ this suit. Such an unusual color. So flattering! Is it weird that I'm now kind of picturing this at my future wedding?!

Concluding Day, Day Eleven

Karolina Kurkova attends the "Les Bien- Amies" premiere.